top of page
  • Writer's pictureSNX Türkiye Editör

Clock tower


The clock tower located in Republic Square was built in 1906 during World War II. It was built during the reign of Abdulhamid. The rectangular space next to the clock tower was built as a muvakkithane (clock room).

This building, which Mustafa Kemal Pasha used to address the public when he came to Kayseri, also served as the Kayseri branch of the Anatolian and Rumelia Defense of Rights Society for a period.





0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page